Truly Irresistible Turkey Meatballs
Need an alternative to bland chicken breast? Trying to make the switch to eating and cooking healthy food but don't know quite where to start? Start off with these turkey meatballs. Irresistible flavor along with a short prep time make these a go to in my house.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 clove finally chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or to preference
- 1 tablespoon black pepper or to preference
1. Mix ingredients by hand in a large mixing bowl and preheat oven to 375F.
2. Make golf ball sized balls by rolling about three fourths of a handful in hand.
3. In a hot skillet sear two sides of meatballs until golden brown. About 10 - 20 seconds on each side. This will give the meatballs texture and also help seal in the moisture. Preventing you from having dry meatballs.
4. On a lightly sprayed baking pan evenly place meatballs. Place in oven for 15 - 20 minutes until meatballs are cooked and a light golden brown.
5. Let rest for 5 - 10 minutes and enjoy alone or with a bowl of pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Approximate cooked macros (per 100g)
Protein: 21g Carbohydrates: 0.5g Fat: 7.5g